As a car owner, you obviously need to know a little bit about cars. While much of the information you may know about your car is strictly mechanical and maintenance based, today we’ll talk about a few vehicle fun facts! With decades of engineering and research, you can bet there are plenty of interesting facts to discuss:
- The first vehicle to run on its own power was invented in 1769, and it was 8,000 pounds! Its primary use was to transport cannons across long distances.
- Before steering wheels, the first cars used steering levels!
- The Ford Model T was the most popular car in the world by 1915, making up for 55% of all cars in existence. The Model T still holds this record, and no modern car has held such dominance in the market.
- Running out of gas completely can permanently damage your fuel pump, so be careful to never let it happen!
- It is illegal to slam a car door in Switzerland.
- Most American vehicles honk in the key of F.
- If you could drive straight into the sky, at 60 miles per hour, you could reach the moon in less than a year, at 157 days.
There are many more interesting facts about vehicles out there, and there will surely be more to come. If your vehicle is in need of service, or if you have any questions, please give our experts a call at 941-493-6511 today! We have been working in the industry for years, and we can help you with any problem under the hood.