Car Mechanics and Operation
Any car, new or old, is a high-demand machine that requires constant attention and maintenance. Without it, you risk seriously damaging your car as well as seriously injuring yourself. One particular feature that every car owner should be aware of is the exhaust. A car’s exhaust can tell you how well your car is doing if there is any internal damage or issue that needs to be addressed or not. You can tell by the exhaust emissions that your vehicle produces. But it’s those exhaust emissions that everyone needs to be the most cautious around. If you have a leak in your exhaust system, you could risk serious damage to your engine. More importantly, you could risk serious injury to yourself or others. When you need help with your car exhaust in Venice, FL, rely on Rolling Auto Service. We can inspect and repair your vehicle in no time. Dial 941-493-6511 to get started.
How Bad is Car Exhaust for Humans?
A car exhaust system works like this. Hydrocarbon fuel is used to fuel and operate your engine. During that process, exhaust gases are produced and need to be directed away from the engine. Those gases are collected by the exhaust manifold, which acts as a kind of funnel to divert the gases away from the engine through a single opening known as the front pipe. The gases also pass through the catalytic converter which actually removes harmful elements such as carbon monoxide and hydrogen monoxide and converted into inert gases. From there, they pass through a silencer or muffler and you’ll actually be able to hear this step if the muffler is damaged. If you can hear the conversion happening, then you’ll definitely want to invest in muffler repair . Finally, after passing through the muffler, the gases are released through the rear tailpipe.
So how bad is the exhaust for humans? The exhaust emissions that come from a car are in fact carbon monoxide, a highly dangerous and deadly gas to humans. There are serious issues that can result from inhaling too much exhaust emissions, such as:
- Respiratory issues
- Muscle weakness
Inhaling too much carbon monoxide or exhaust emissions can result in serious injuries. When working on a car, it’s incredibly important to have adequate ventilation to prevent a build-up of gases. Carbon monoxide is odorless and colorless, so if you do have an exhaust leak, you may not know it. That being said, there are other things to pay attention to determine if you have a leak.
Signs of a Car with Exhaust Leak
Since carbon monoxide is odorless and colorless, it’s important to look for other signs to determine if you have an exhaust leak. Even if there isn’t a leak, there are symptoms that could suggest you need car exhaust cleaning. It’s important to address either situation as quickly as possible to prevent damage to your car or possible injury to yourself.
- Decreased Fuel Efficiency: One sign of an exhaust leak is decreased fuel efficiency. Your engine uses certain gases to operate. When the wrong gases start to leak into the engine, it has to work harder using more fuel into to operate efficiently.
- Gas Smell: Though carbon monoxide is odorless, gas is not. If you are smelling gas in your car, even when it’s stopped, there could be an exhaust leak. One of the exhaust tubes could be damaged causing the gas fumes to escape anywhere.
- Overly Noisy Engine: The car exhaust vs muffler is a difficult debate since the muffler is part of the overall exhaust system. But if you are noticing more noise when driving, it could indicate a leak or muffler issue, either of which needs to be addressed as quickly as possible.
- Vibrations: An exhaust leak can actually be felt in the gas pedal. If you are noticing heavy vibrations when you press down on the pedal, there is a leak. The same is true if you notice the steering wheel vibrating.
Having a well-maintained car and exhaust system can prevent many issues with your vehicles ability to operate efficiently. There are several brands and companies that produce quality exhaust systems that can be installed by reliable teams, like the Rolling Auto Service. Rely on us for all your car maintenance and repair needs.
Frequently Asked Questions
- hat comes out of a car exhaust?
- The technical term is exhaust emissions. The emissions are a release of carbon dioxide that is produced from the burning of hydrocarbon fuel.
- What is the best performance exhaust?
- It depends on what you need. For an SUV, you could benefit from a Gibson Car Exhaust System. For a car or sedan, the Skunk2 Megapower Exhaust System is highly rated. And for trucks, the MagnaFlow Exhaust system is one of the best on the market.
- Which exhaust system sounds the best?
- For sound, MagnaFlow is the best brand. They are one of the best rated brands and produce the least amount of sound when operating your vehicle.
- How dangerous is car exhaust?
- The exhaust emissions from a car are pure CO2. If you are working near a car that is running, you risk inhaling the deadly fumes. That is why proper ventilation in work spaces is highly necessary to prevent accidental injury.
Connect With Our Team Today for an Appointment
For service on your car exhaust in Venice, FL, there is no other team to rely on. Trust Rolling Auto Service to find any problem and repair the issue with efficiency and accuracy. Call us at 941-493-6511 to schedule your appointment today.